[OpenSER-Users] record_route_preset with dynamic external IP address

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Oct 25 17:09:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

In this scenario:

User agents:
UA1-192.168.1.1
UA2-192.168.1.2
UA3-192.168.1.3

All register with internal proxy:

Openser-192.168.1.20 -> Nat-1.2.3.4 -> Termination server.

Openser contacts the terminating server using the UAC module.
On the internal Openser I record-route all calls to make sure the whole
dialog passes over the proxy to be able to do accounting.
However if I do:
record_route_preset("1.2.3.4:5060");
and 1.2.3.4 is a dynamic IP address it seems it will be tricky to keep the
record route updated.
Is the answer that I need not be doing a record-route at all, as all
packets will pass over the proxy anyway due to the UAC module, or is there
some way to use records-route-preset with dynamic ip addresses?

Thanks,

Richard