[OpenSER-Users] Bug in 200 to CANCEL (wrong To_tag)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Oct 23 15:38:29 CEST 2007

El Martes, 23 de Octubre de 2007, Klaus Darilion escribió:
> And what says the RFC about a proxy which does parallel forking? Then
> there may be multiple 180 ringing with multiple to tags. Which one
> should be used?

Good point!

So, what should I do? reportabug to RFC because what it says about CANCEL is
not possible whith parallel forking? maybe report a bug to Asterisk to be
**in this case** to much RFC compliant?

> Further, what if the callee has not sent a response yet - then openser
> also does not know which to-tag to use.

RFC says:
  "If no provisional response has been received, the CANCEL request MUST
   NOT be sent; rather, the client MUST wait for the arrival of a
   provisional response before sending the request."

But the question is: what about if the only response is a 100 Trying that
doesn't include To tag?

> I nave had such problems with Asterisk yet. Do you use Asterisk in
> pedantic mode?

Yes, I use it. If I take it off it seems to work "better" but...

Thanks for all.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo