[OpenSER-Users] case sensitivity with avp_db_load

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Oct 19 18:45:52 CEST 2007

At 18:33 19/10/2007, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>Yes, RFC 3261 says case sensitive - but if my domain has the policy to have case insensitive usernames, but domains are also case insensitive, then you can save lots of support tickets. E.g. there are many users which configure their clients with sip:Name.Surename at domain instead of sip:name.surname at domain (or vice versa).

Just to make it clear -- that's not an RFC3261 bug -- the interop reasoning is you can't
change things you don't "own", what you do about your own stuff nobody cares. You can't
forward a at other.domain to other domain as A at other.domain because you don't know if the
other domain is case-sensitive or not. If you translare klaus.darilion to kd or KD
or whatever localy, you don't conflict with the RFC -- making URIs more "accurate" to
get them to the proper recepient is the key role of a proxy server.

-jiri