[OpenSER-Users] Problem with python-application when installing OpenXCAP

Antoine Fressancourt af.devlist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 15:23:05 CEST 2007

Hello,

I try to install OpenXCAP on a Ubuntu server Feisty machine. I am up to the
point of installing the python-application 1.0.9, but when I try to install
it with python setup.py install, I get the following error :

byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/application/python/queue.py
to queue.pyc
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/application/python/queue.py", line
9
    v v v v v v v
      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

As I have absolutely no experience with Python, I would like to know how I
could work around this error.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Antoine