[OpenSER-Users] SRV records

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Tue Oct 16 19:09:13 CEST 2007

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Remember: OpenSer is not dialog aware (except using "dialog" module, but it's
> not the purpose).
> OpenSer is just transactions aware. In a simple dialog there are at least
> those transactions:
>
> - INVITE (from caller to called) and responses 100, 180, 200.
> - ACK (from caller to called)
> - BYT (from caller to called) and response 200.
>
> All these 3 transactions becomes a dialog JUST in the endpoints (phones), but
> for OpenSer they are completely INDEPENDENT transactions.
>
> I recomend you study it a lot since it's vital:
>   http://www.switzernet.com/people/emin-gabrielyan/070410-SIP-transactions/
>   http://4z.com/people/emin-gabrielyan/public/070412-SIP-record-route/

Indeed, another website to consider is tech-invite.com. E.g.

http://tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-dialog.html

explains what a SIP dialog is and shows how such a dialog is created and
terminated.

And if you think this is complicated, have a look at
http://tech-invite.com/Ti-ims-sesflow-1.html ;-)

/Christian