[OpenSER-Users] Multidomain and in-dialog REFER auth issue

Tue Oct 16 15:16:31 CEST 2007

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Tuesday 16 October 2007 14:09:26 Klaus Darilion escribió:
>
>>> But imagine this case:
>>>
>>> - domain_A and domain_B are hosted in my OpenSer (but totally
>>> independents).
>>>
>>> - sip:user_A at domain_A calls sip:user_B at domain_B
>>>
>>> - In OpenSer there is forwarding:  sip:user_B at domain_B ->
>>> sip:012345 at domain_B
>>>
>>> - In domain_B permissions table I allow forwardings to PSTN for calls
>>> made from others domain (as domain_A), but not direct INVITE's (of
>>> course).
>> In this case - if it is an explicit forwarding, and it will be proper
>> accounted, then of course it is ok.
>

> Thanks. Let me a question about this forwardings and accounting since I'm
> designng it just now and have a doubt:
>
> The gateway will be in fact other OpenSer+CDRtool+MediaProxy (if I can
> configure it) or Asterisk. They will contact with the real SIP carrier.
>
> So when user_B at domain_B calls sip:12345 at domain_B it will appear in OpenSer
> gateway:
> - From=user_B at domain_B
> - RURI=12345 at domain_B
>
> But in the aboved explained forwarding it will appear
> - From=user_A at domain_A
> - RURI=12345 at domain_B
>
> I'm not sure then how to invoice this call. I see 2 options:
>
> a) Invoice always based on RURI [*]
>
> b) Add a "Diversion" (or other custom) header in main OpenSer so OpenSer
> gateway will invoice to the user in that header.

I would use b). Add a header to the INVITE sent to GW-Openser (name it
as you like, e.g: X-Billing-Party: ) and in GW-Openser use this header
for accounting. Further:
  - make sure to remove every X-Billing-Party header from messages
routed by the main proxy
  - do not accept INVITEs without this header in the GW-Openser.

This way you can be sure that nobody bypasses your accounting logic.

regards
klaus