[OpenSER-Users] Openser-Perl module in onreply_route

Bastian Friedrich bastian.friedrich at collax.com
Mon Oct 15 10:19:20 CEST 2007

Hi Mik,

On Friday 12 October 2007, Mik Cheez wrote:
> I had been using 'perl_exec' in my scripts with great success until I
> decided to try using it in the onreply_route.  The strangest thing now
> happens; I use my perl script to write information to a database, and it
> seems like the failure would have to be in DBI, but it only occurs in
> Openser.

a few weeks ago, someone else experienced problems when using DBI in OpenSER
Perl scripts:
http://openser.org/pipermail/users/2007-September/013388.html

We currently do not have a proper solution for the problem, as the problems
are created by DBI rather than by OpenSER. You might consider trying to
establish some kind of OpenSER-internal locking mechanism for the DBI
functions.

Have you tried running your Perl script with only a single OpenSER instance
(i.e. turning of forking)?

   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.