[OpenSER-Users] [wiki] Adding page about SIP devices supporting presence PUBLISH

Anca Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Tue Oct 9 13:19:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

After reading the thread, I also came to your conclusion, that by
sending Publish with no bodies for refresh the problem should be solved-
thus I made the commit. Unfortunately, I soon realized that there was a
mistake in the reasoning.
The rewriting does not happen. If the pua_usrloc and the client itself
send each an initial Publish messages with no Sip-If-Match header, it
will result in 2 records inserted in presentity table- two different
etags and no rewriting. And then, the Notifies send will have as a body
the aggregation of this two. In presence module, the method of
aggregation used is: most recent, first. Most clients look only at the
first tuple (xlite, for example, does so). So, the notified state
alternates according to the Publish message received last.
Now I don't see a means to make pua_usrloc and the client send Publish
messages work. I will do some more thinking though.
The best is probably, to find a fairly good method to deduce for which
clients to call pua_set_publish.

regards,
Anca Vamanu