[OpenSER-Users] Renaming the DB modules

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Oct 4 12:36:01 CEST 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> during the reviewing process of the new DB module for Berkeley, I made
> proposal to make a naming convention for all the modules implementing
> the DB API.
>
> I suggest something similar as for the modules implementing the MI
> interface, all having the "mi_" prefix. So, for the DB modules we should
> use "db_" prefix:
>     db_berkeley
>     mysql -> db_mysql
>     postgres -> db_postgres
>     dbtext -> db_text
>     unixodbc -> db_unixodbc
>     flatstore -> db_flatstore
>

> Does anybody see any drawback or problem if we rename the module before
> 1.3?

This change is resonable for me _if_ it will be thoroughly carried out. That
means in addition to the renaming of the directories its also necessary to

- update the existing module documentation (README files, devel index.html)
- fix the build process and the packaging
- update openser install documentation (INSTALL, wiki pages)
- add a note to the porting guide for 1.3

Cheers,

Henning