[Serusers] ERROR: warning_builder: buffer size exceeded & WARNING: warning skipped -- too big

Bogdan Pintea pintea at iptego.de
Tue Nov 13 10:18:51 CET 2007

SIP wrote:
> My suggestion would be to either give a warning or give an error. Don't
> give an error that you can't give a warning (Warning! Warning skipped).
> That's like saying "Something you should be aware of is.... hah! Just
> kidding! I'm not going to tell you."   It's not a terribly useful log
> message.

The error shows up when the SIP header "Warning" is built, in order to
be appended to the outgoing message. This is merely a debugging header,
in what SER is concerned.
The warning log message that appears when building the "Warning" header
only tells that the things that would be printed into this header build
up to "too long", so the header is dropped.
You can disable the attempt to build this header by setting
sip_warning=0 into your config.

Hth,
Bogdan.