[Serusers] SER 0.9.6 "desc_time_order" issue

Mitya mitya at madein.hu
Sat Nov 10 23:13:44 CET 2007

Hi Everybody,

I would like to set up thefollowing with ser 0.9.6

1)
an UAC should be able to register more times with the same q value

note: lets say, there is a power outage on the client side and it gets a
new IP from the ISP, registers again, the "old" registration has not
expired yed, it is still alive, because it did not unreggistered itself

2)
when SER calls this UAC, only the most recently registered one should be
invited

3)
to limit the maximum number of contacts is not possible (I need this
feature)

 From the documentation:
------------------------

----- CUT ------
1.3.5. desc_time_order (integer)

[...]

   If set to 1 then all contacts will be ordered in descending
   modification time order. In this case the most recently
   updated/created contact will be used.
[...]

1.3.3. append_branches (integer)

[...]
   If the parameter is set to 0, only
   Request-URI will be overwritten with the highest-q rated
   contact and the rest will be left unprocessed.
[...]
----- CUT ------

I also found this thread:
-------------------------
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2003-March/000758.html

 From Jan:

You will have to use
modparam("registrar", "append_branches", 0) in your script and after
that only the most recently updated/created contact will be used (even if
there are many of them).

This is exactly what I need !!

my relevant config is the following:

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   1)
modparam("registrar", "append_branches", 0)
modparam("registrar", "desc_time_order", 1)
modparam("registrar", "max_contacts", 50)

Sympthom:
---------
When I call the UA, always the firstly registered one gets the INVITE,
and "desc_time_order" DOES NOT work :(

Can sy explain me what should I do now ?

Many thanks.
Mitya