[Serusers] proxy_authorize and radius_proxy_authorize doesn't work for ACK

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Nov 9 13:12:07 CET 2007

At 17:49 08/11/2007, Tomasz Zieleniewski wrote:
>Hi Piotr:)
>
>RFC only implies that proxy should not challenge the ACK message and
>moreover it says that client sending ACK should duplicate
>Authorization and Proxy-Authorization headers. This it what my client
>does. But according to the description of the proxy_authorize function
>it only verifies that credentials are valid. This function doesn't
>cause the challenge response to be sent to the client. This is
>performed with the usage of proxy_challenge function.
>"The function verifies credentials according to RFC2617. If the
>credentials are verified successfully then the function will succeed
>and mark the credentials as authorized (marked credentials can be
>later used by some other functions). If the function was unable to
>verify the credentials for some reason then it will fail and the
>script should call proxy_challenge  which will challenge the user
>again."
>In my opinion, that is why proxy_authorize function should generate
>the uid avp for ACK request if verification of credential gives
>positive result.

Well -- it should be stored somewhere in transaction state and someway
I guess you should be able to get access to it (not sure if with or
without some hack) ... but do you relaly need that? ACK has a transport
function and as such, I don't see the use value for doing more processing
with it than abosrbing/forwarding...

-jiri