[OpenSER-Users] Aliases table and db aliases

Daniel d.grotti at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:17:36 CET 2007

Thanks.
But I don't understand the use of aliases table.

I have defined some subscriber users, with username (like BOB) and password
(BOBPWD). So, if I wanted to access the system, I would send a REGISTER
message with correct username and password (authorization required). Then my
proxy address will be "sip:BOB at IP_PROXY" and my Contact will be "sip:BOB at MY
_IP_ADRRESS".
These information are saved into USER LOCATION table (save("location")
function).
Now, through DB_aliases module and dbaliases table, I can define some
aliases for BOB (like "sip:1234 at IP_PROXY", etc...), so if an INVITE for bob
has "sip:1234 at IP_PROXY" as R-URI, with db_aliases_lookup() function I can
rewrite R-URI with Bob's URI ("bob at IP_PROXY") and then call the
lookup("location") function.
But I don't understand how I can use the ALIASES table.
Are there any example explaining its use ?
Sorry.

Regards,
daniel

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

El Thursday 15 November 2007 14:31:52 Daniel escribi�:

Hi all,
what is the different between Aliases table and DB aliases table? What is
their use ?

"aliases" table is same as "location" table but it should be used to look for
alias with the function lookup("aliases").

Of course, aliases are simpler than the complex location or aliases tables
that manage more info about users, so in order to implement alias system in a
simpler way the module ALIAS_DB exists and its table dbaliases.

Note that dbaliases table is much simpler (it's just valid for aliases),
Look at the module doc:
  http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/alias_db.html

--
Daniel Grotti