[OpenSER-Users] MyISAM or InnoDB in MySQL tables?

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:51:55 CET 2007

Not exactly, transaction information is stored in disk to restore it in case
you stop a data node and restart it again.

The idea is that there are several data nodes storing replicated data and
some of them can fail as long as there are nodes available (redundancy can
be specified in the cluster parameters (noOfReplicas,...)). When the failed
node come online again it retrieves the data from the surviving nodes so the
data survives to node failures.

You can start a cluster backup from the management node to effectively write
the cluster information on disk so you can afterwards recover the cluster.

>From mysql 5.1 you can use ndb engine and configure it to store the data on
the disk instead of storing it on memory. However keys are still required to
be stored on memory.

Summarising,
Samuel.