[OpenSER-Users] Permissions Modile - BYE handling

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 20:20:23 CET 2007

So, I've been playing around with the permissions module.
It's working ok, except...

I am sending calls from Asterisk to OpenSER, and then onto an ITSP.
Calls only flow in this outbound direction. There are NO inbound calls.

I put the IP addresses of the Asterisk servers into the address table and used allow_source_address() to confirm the calls where allowed. However, I found that I also had to put the IP's of the ITSP's in the address table or otherwise when the remote end hangs up and sends a BYE message the call to allow_source_address() returns false.

This isn't that big a deal, but it seems messy. It also means that the ITSP, being in the address list, could send calls to us, and we don't want that.

How do I work around this? Do I do:

if ( allow_source_address("1")  || method=="BYE" ) {
}

What about CANCEL? I haven't tried that.

The same thing goes for putting IP's in the trusted table and using if_trusted().

Douglas.