[OpenSER-Users] [OT] Nortel CS2000 and "RPID" / "P-Asserted-Identity"

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Wed Nov 14 13:14:13 CET 2007

El Wednesday 14 November 2007 13:06:06 Jesus Rodriguez escribió:
> > I can modify From it with UAC module, but I also know
> > this is very anti-RFC3261 behaviour.
> >
> > Does anyone know if Nortel CS2000 can use "RPID" or "P-Asserted-
> > Identity" to set the PSTN calling number?
> >
> > What do you think about changing From header? for example:
> >   200 at domain.com  ->  00123223223234 at IP
>
> Your option is to use UAC module. If you rewrite the From: header
> directly you can have interop problems.

Thanks a lot.

Based in your experience (and other people's experience here): is it normal a
SIP_PSTN provider just support callerid in the "From" header and doesn't
support "RPID" or "P-Asserted-Identity"?
That it occurs in "real life"?

I assume Nortel CS2000 allows "RPID" or "P-Asserted-Identity" (not sure but I
suppose it), but maybe the provider limites it and just allows "From"?

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es