[OpenSER-Users] presence module - wrong Subscription-State when doing un-subscribe ?

Anca Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Wed Nov 14 11:30:12 CET 2007

Hello Pascal,

Pascal Maugeri wrote:
> Anca
>
> I've updated my source (svn update of 1.2) and it seems that the
> problem does not appear anymore: I've run 64 iterations of subscribe
> and un-subscribe.

Glad to hear that.
> I rewrite my questions of yesterday (very interested to hear from you
> about those):
>

>> Could you please point out where you found the last NOTIFY should have a body, please ?

As I have mentioned in the commit log, the RFC 3256 does is not very
clear whether the Notify with
Subscription-State:terminated;reason=timeout , should contain a body(of
course, the question is only when the subscription was until then in
active state). However, it does mention the possibility to fetch state
with an initial Subscription with Expires:0.

3.3.6. Polling Resource State

   A natural consequence of the behavior described in the preceding
   sections is that an immediate fetch without a persistent subscription
   may be effected by sending a SUBSCRIBE with an "Expires" of 0.

This says that the Notify following a Subscribe with Expires:0 does
carry presence info.
So, it is sort of like a deduction in the absence of a clear specification.
>> Do you have any data to share with me regarding the stability of
>> presence module (memory leak, thread leak, CPU, etc.). Is it stable
>> over time ?

There is no other problem with the presence modules known to us at this
time. The community has given positive feedback of its stability and it
has been tested against memory leak.

Thanks to you also,
Anca