[OpenSER-Users] Variable comparison symbols...

Brian Heath brian at telethra.com
Wed Nov 14 01:01:45 CET 2007

    I'm almost embarassed to ask...  But is there a place where one can read about the symbols:   ~  ^  \  $  ?  +    and what they do/mean?

    For example, consider this following line:

 if (!(uri =~ "^sip:.+@(255\.255\.255\.255|(sip\.|sip5\.)?mydomain\.com):5080$"))

    It looks like, to me, that it's checking to make sure that uri is NOT equal to any of combination of the data following the @ - but I'm not so sure exactly what I'm reading.  ie:  the ~ after the =, the ^ in front of sip, the .+ in front of @, the ? before mydomain and the trailing $....  And why the period has the \ in front of them all...?

    Yes, I'm totally green at this stuff.  :(  Thanks in advance for your help...

Brian