[OpenSER-Users] Forking based on XML document in SDP

Pascal Maugeri pascal.maugeri1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 16:26:32 CET 2007

Hi

I need to fork an INVITE request to a list of SIP URIs. The list of
URIs is defined in an XML document, in the payload of the incoming
request.

I've read in a previous email (contributed by John Peters) that one
may fork the request using avpops:

> modparam("avpops","avp_aliases","myGroup=i:665")
> avp_write("sip:u1 at host", "$myGroup");
> avp_write(" sip:u2 at host", "$myGroup");
> avp_pushto("$ruri", "$myGroup/g");

For the time being the only solution I see is to process the XML
document in a external application using EXEC module that will return
the list of SIP URIs for forking. Before sending the forked request(s)
the XML document should be removed from the payload (I have no idea
yet how to do this).

Do you think there is smarter way to manage it ?
Maybe I should not try to do this using OpenSER but rather forward the
request to an external SIP service that will do the job ?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Pascal