[OpenSER-Users] Cellphones and voicemail

Chris Heiser cheiser at config.name
Mon Nov 5 20:57:57 CET 2007

Trying to send a user's call to their cellphone can be problematic,
especially when their phone is off, bad signal, etc...  I know some
carriers send q931 messages back when a call is redirected (sometimes),
but not all do.

Is it possible to make a determination in OpenSER (if we know we're
sending to a cell phone) that the call was picked up too quickly?  That's
really the ugly problem.  If I could say, "Oh yeah, you're cellphone
picked up in less than 1 second, a real person probably didn't do that."
and drop that fork, that would be awesome.

--Chris