[OpenSER-Users] Openser as a conditional stateless proxy

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Mon Nov 5 16:16:18 CET 2007

Padmaja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply,
> Could you provide me the example script for stateless forwarding of
> invite when a call is received from say a 911 operator to the server?
> I suppose this should be implemented by checking the From field of the
> invite and if it is from a certain 911, then it should be forwarded
> statelessly (or is this logic incorrect?). I am new to the Openser
> stuff, so I do not wish to change the script myself.

Your logic is correct, you can either check the From: header or the
request URI or any other part of an incoming SIP message to make the
routing decision.

A simple example looks like:

if (is_method('INVITE'))
{
     # check if from URI domain equals 911operator.com
     if ($fd == '911operator.com')
     {
         # relay stateless using request URI
         forward();