[Serusers] problem with MESSAGE and un-REGISTER

KUMAR kumar.kisalaya at gmail.com
Thu May 31 07:47:55 CEST 2007

hi all,
I've started using SER 2.0 rc1 and am having a bit of problems with UA
behind NAT. I'm using Windows Messenger 5.1 as the UA. Everything
works fine when both UAs are not behind NAT.  But when I place one of
the UAs behind NAT, then, here's what happens, in this order

UA Behind Nat ----------MESSAGE------>UA outside NAT..............ok
UA outside NAT-----------MESSAGE------->UA behind NAT.............OK
UA behind NAT------------MESSAGE------->UA outside
NAT.............message is stored by msilo module and sent after some
time.

The log shows:  MSILO: the downstream UA doesn't support MESSAGEs

Notice that this only happens once a message from outside of NAT is
sent to UA inside NAT. I am using RTP Proxy for NAT solution which is
on the same system as SER.
Moreover, I also cannot signout using the Windows Messenger.

However, when I tested using XLite, None of the above mentioned
problems arose. Can anyone please suggest me as to where the problem
might be.

The ser.cfg that I'm using is the one from the iptel site, the one
with NAT & RTPproxy. I am also attaching the ser.cfg.
Thank you in advance.
Kumar