[Serusers] SIP Gateway

David Borgesen dborgesen at 1stomni.com
Thu May 24 15:28:04 CEST 2007

Hello,

We are trying to find a SIP to SIP gateway and we fell across this
project.  Can someone tell me if we can accomplish the following with
this software.

1) Our DID/SIP telephone provider does not support the Refer method, and
as a result our SipX IP  PBX can not transfer calls from extension to
extension.
2) As a work around we are thinking that we could install a gateway
between the DID provider and SipX where the gateway would support the
Refer method and handle the transfers.  This method is not ideal because
all phone traffic would need to go through the gateway as opposed to a
direct connection between the DID/SIP provider and the end user
extension, but we can't see any other solution.

So, can Ser act as a gateway as needed, or is there another solution
that anyone of you can think of.

Thanks

DB