[Serusers] Ser + Asterisk on the same box??

John Breen jbreen at hgait.net.au
Thu May 24 04:39:27 CEST 2007

Ok, let me see if I've got this right.

I'm running SER and Asterisk on the same box.  SER listens on the
external IP of the box on port 5060, Asterisk on localhost (127.0.0.1)
on port 5061.  My starting point to get calls from SER able to use the
real world is the SER PSTN gateway in the Getting Started document, with
route[5] changed to:

route[5] {
  rewritehostport("127.0.0.1:5061");
  avp_write("i:45", "inv_timeout");
  route(1);
}

I start SER and add accounts 306, 307 and 499. So far so good, and when
I get it all up and running, SIP phones can call other SIP phones via
SER.  Now, if I read right, I then need to tell SER that 127.0.0.1 is a
trusted account by doing

INSERT INTO trusted VALUES('127.0.0.1', 'any', '^sip:.*$');

in mysql, and restarting SER.  I can still dial between internal phones
and that is all OK, but I cannot dial via asterisk.  I don't even see
calls getting there.

If I then add into the trusted table the IP addresses of SIP clients, I
can dial from them via asterisk.  But I have to do this for every
client.  This is fine if there are only a limited number of IP addresses
that can use the asterisk gateway, but I have users with laptops in the
real world whose IP addresses change so it's obviously not an ideal
solution.

What am I missing?  Is the Call Forwarding setup the answer?  I need to
use SER as a front end to asterisk because of NAT issues, but I don't
want to have to add EVERY user to the trusted table individually.

Regards

John Breen

--
Regards,
John Breen

HGA IT&T Solutions
Tel: 08 63113000
Fax: 08 63113144
http://www.hgait.net.au
Level 9, 256 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, WA 6000
Postal  PO Box 3133 Perth, Adelaide Tce WA 6832

The information in this E-mail is confidential. If you are not the named
& intended recipient, you must not read, use, copy, disclose or disseminate
this E-mail, any attachments or the information contained in this E-mail and
must immediately notify the sender & delete this E-mail immediately. Although
HGA IT&T Solutions believes that this E-mail and any attachments are free of
any virus or other defect which may affect a computer, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free. HGA IT&T
Solutions does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising in
any way from the use of this E-mail or any attachments.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

This is not a SPAM. The SPAM Act 2003 commenced on the 10th April 2004 and
requires consent to the sending of most commercial electronic messages. If
you wish to continue receiving electronic communications from HGA IT&T
Solutions, you do not need to take any action.

If you DO NOT wish to continue receiving electronic communications from HGA
IT&T Solutions please advise us at admin at hgait.net.au and we will update our
records accordingly.