[Serusers] ser_fifo gives timeout

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Wed May 16 09:51:39 CEST 2007

Run SER in high debug mode to see if a request comes in. If it does,
it's in SER.
Try moving the fifo to another location (it may reveal something).

I'm not sure if it works in this context, but try:
mkfifo /tmp/testfifo
cat - < /tmp/testfifo &

Then try to contact the /tmp/testfifo, you should get the commands sent
to the fifo in clear text :-)
Using ser_ctl 2.0 tool, you can for example test the fifo with this command:
ser_ctl -jJ /tmp/testfifo ps

g-)