[Serusers] Question about SER 2.0 config item

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Mon May 14 14:27:11 CEST 2007

While I'm attempting to redo our SER 0.9.6 config in SER 2.0, I have a
question concerning migration from an OpenSER 0.9.X module that we user
in our SER config, alias_db.

Currently, all our aliases lookups are done via alias_db. Since we
provision DIDs on the fly via the web, and all our DIDs are E164 format
forwarded to our SER server, it didn't make sense to add in the security
issue of direct server access from the web server to reload the SER
config anytime there was a change to the aliases.  Instead, we opted for
having everything in the DB where it should be, and we use the alias_db
module to keep track of our aliases accordingly.

So the question arises...  how does one migrate this to the new SER
2.0?  I'm still only barely able to grasp the whole concept of Aliases
in the new SER 2.0 stuff, but our current table has information like:

| 18005551212     | ourproxy.com | 1234567 | ourproxy.com |

This gives the alias of 18005551212 at ourproxy.com a rewrite of
1234567 at ourproxy.com

Simple enough concept. We add or remove aliases from the DB as
necessary, and never have to touch the running SER server.

So... how does one do this sort of thing now?

N.