[Serusers] Around the world to get to my....

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Fri May 11 12:01:31 CEST 2007

This is really a serdev question, but I guess more people on serusers
are interested in the answer, so...
See inline.

SIP wrote:
> Is the developer documentation on the Iptel.org site even close to
> still valid?
Yes, the basic structure of how SER is built up hasn't changed much. So
in order to understand the basic concepts, for example lumps, the 0.8
doc is ok.

> We've just created a semi-complex AGI in Asterisk to sort of act as a
> gateway for locked SEMS conferences. Our users can create a conference
> number (if it's available), assign a pin, and then everyone who calls
> that conference is required to enter the correct pin in order to join.
> We keep track of the users logged in (contact info, since it's not
> always local users), and the owner has the ability to limit the number
> of users, etc.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to task one of my C developers to create a similar
> sort of gateway module for SER instead of, as we currently do,
> shunting everyone over to the Asterisk server for processing and logic
> (and voice prompts) and then shunting them over to the SER/SEMS server
> if they're authenticated.
Makes sense to get rid of Asterisk, but I would think that entering pin,
voice prompts etc is something you really would like to do in SEMS itself.
> Of course, such a module would need to be able to do things like
> complete take apart the SEMS pin-collect module (we're not interested
> in using python for anything, nor in using XMLRPC) and hack it up to
> collect the right DTMF signals, passing that data on to a proper SER
> module.
Why not write a C++ module in SEMS???

> I'm just wondering if the developer docs for SER are up to date enough
> to even point my developers in that direction for information on the
> SER portion of things.
Together with ex. textops as an example module, a C programmer will get
started quickly.
g-)