[Users] changes in database setup scripts

Ovidiu Sas sip.nslu at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:28:50 CEST 2007

The location of openserctlrc is dictated by the make options:
$(cfg-prefix)/$(cfg-dir)/openserctlrc (see install script).

If the script is not able to modify the openserctlrc file, maybe it
should ask for root password or just print a BIG warning that the
openserctl file needs to be modified.

As an alternative, we could have the test in openserctl, but I think
that it really belongs to the db install script.

Also, the db install script should check/change the DBENGINE too :-)
If DBENGINE is not set, then set it
If the DBENGINE is set and it matches the install script, proceed,
otherwise, exit with error: Trying to install a db that doesn't match
DBENGINE!!! Fix your openserctlrc file.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas