[Users] purposely dropping reply message

Wed May 16 10:13:15 CEST 2007

Tim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How/Where would be the best place to purposely drop a particular reply
> message ( > 400 )
>
> I have armed both the reply route and failure route and attempted to drop
> the message by calling the drop() function but this doesn't seem to work.
> Is there a simple method for conditionally dropping a reply message?

Dropping for final response messages is not supported.

> My goal is to force the UAC that created the original request to retransmit
> (UDP) the request in certain scenarios, such as when ACK to an initial
> invite has not been fully processed by the downstream UAS but a re-invite
> has been received by the UAS causing the UAS to return a 400 for the
> re-invite.  I do not want the UAC to see the 400 reply, instead I simply
> want the UAC to resend the re-invite because no final response has been
> received, presumably by this time  the ACK processing will be finished and
> the retransmitted re-invite would be handled smoothly.

Are you sure that the retransmitted reINVITE is accepted by the client
after the ACK was received? I would rather suggest to fix the client. A
reINVITE before the ACK is an implicit ACK and thus the client should
handle it as a ACK was received. I think this is also stated somewhere
in RFC 3261.

regards
klaus