[Users] openser setup as a telephony gateway (to PSTN) for NAT'd clients

Taylor Carpenter taylor at codecafe.com
Mon May 14 23:40:22 CEST 2007

Thanks for your reply Ovidiu.

Is there any need to change any thing with the SIP request because of
NAT?  Do I need to use rewritehost?  Before the NAT requirements I was
doing ds_select_domain() for loadbalancing...  At some point I will want
to do that again, but for the moment I am just wanting private lan
traffic to be able to place outbound calls with the PSTN provider.

On that note some (though not all) of the providers require auth and I
would like OpenSER to provide the credentials so that the SIP clients
only have to know about OpenSER to dial out... I have been using the uac
module for that.

So is there anything special (besides RTP traffic) to do with the rest
of the SIP packets before doing a t_relay()?

The examples I have seen using rtpproxy used FAEE, FAEI, FAIE, FAII,
etc.. I assume that all of those are not needed if everything is coming from
the private side out to the internet (and PSTN provider).  Is that
correct?

Taylor