[Users] How to get the most stable 1.2.x release sources?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 9 10:48:33 CEST 2007

On Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2007, Anatoly Pidruchny wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I could not find a good explanation of the releasing policy for OpenSER.
> I mean, 1.2.0 was released on March 12, 2007. I know that the future
> release is 1.3.0. But is there going to be 1.2.1 ever released?

Hi Anatoly,

we discussed in the last IRC meeting that there would be a minor release, e.g.
1.2.1. There is no exact date yet (in the conference we talked about "mid of
may") so expect it in the next two weeks.
I'll probably create a page on the wiki with an explanation of the release
policy, if i found nothing on the openser webpage with more informations
about this.

> There were many bugs fixed in 1.2.x since 1.2.0 was released. I think I
> read a developer's reply that the best and most stable OpenSER 1.2.x
> release sources can only be downloaded from the SVN 1.2 branch. Is this
> true? And what is the trunk version in SVN? Is it only for the next
> release (1.3.0) and changes to the trunk do not go to 1.2.x branch
> automatically?

The trunk is only for 1.3. Only bugfixes get backported to the 1.2 branch.

> The download page (http://www.openser.org/mos/view/Download/)
> unfortunately does not tell that to get the most stable 1.2.x release
> one has to use SVN Download. I think most of the OpenSER users just
> download the released 1.2.0 sources.

The 1.2 branch is technically not a release, as it changes over the time. So
the most stable 1.2 release is at the moment 1.2.0. :-)

> By the way, looks like the so called "daily" SVN snapshots have not been
> posted since April 23. Is this a known problem?

What link you do you use? I see an "openser-devel-svn-latest.tgz
12-Mar-2007 02:11   5.7M" snapshot there..

Cheers,

Henning