[Serusers] Difficult NAT issues :external UAs behind NAT and internal UAs on private IPs but _not_ NATted

Michael Grigoni michael.grigoni at cybertheque.org
Fri Jun 29 17:29:46 CEST 2007

Greetings:

I really need some fresh eyes on my ser.cfg and help with this difficult
NAT issue: our internal UAs are on private IPs, registered with ser running
on the border router (it has aliases for the private IP internal LANs and
the public IP on which it listens).

Calls between UAs on public IPs and our internal UAs (on their
private IPs) work well.

Calls between UAs behind NAT (from the Internet) and our internal
UAs (on their private IPs) have no audio from us to them.

Only private IP addresses in routes from the Internet must be
rewritten for NAT; our internal UAs on their private IPs must be
routed without change (which works if the foreign UA isn't behind
NAT).

We are running '0.8.99-dev19 openbsd/sparc' and 'rtpproxy
1.21 2004/08/13'

Our 'ser.cfg', a packet dump of a call from an Internet UA behind NAT ('adams.dmp')
and a segment of the logfile ('serlog') are at:

    http://www.cybertheque.org/sw/ser/configs

All help is truly appreciated.

Michael Grigoni
Cybertheque Museum