[Serusers] Cannot register with iptel.org

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Sat Jun 23 13:14:20 CEST 2007

There's a bug in the latest build of X-Lite (41150) that causes issues
with SER.  The client ignores registration timeout settings, and rapidly
re-registers every 20 seconds with a new rinstance. Either the server
gets thousands of records with your client info (most of which are
invalid), or the server is configured to limit the number of
registrations you can have (those are your two config options). What
will happen in the latter case is that X-Lite will continue to register
over and over until it hits its limit, and then, when SER tells it its
hit its limit, it will time out.

I've already brought it to the attention of Counterpath, and they've
promised me a bug fix in the upcoming build.

N.