[Serusers] [OpenIMSCore-CSCF] loose_route behaviour, detecting single Route with myself

Dragos Vingarzan vingarzan at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jun 20 12:57:02 CEST 2007

Hi Joao,

You might also be interested in this thread:
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serdev/2007-March/009517.html

-Dragos

JF wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When SER receives an INVITE with a single Route header pointing to
> itself, it's supposed to delete it and process the message as if no
> Route header was there in the first place. This is what RFC3261
> mandates, right?
>
> But currently the loose_route function returns true to the script in
> this case, just like when more Route headers are present.
>
> So I have some routing logic for when no Route headers are present,
> and if I want to apply the same routing logic to the case when there
> is a single Route header pointing to myself (naturally, as it's the
> same as if no Route header was present), I currently have to replicate
> the same routing logic inside the if (loose_route())...
>
> Or is there an other way? Do I have to develop my own module function
> or use some regexp search from the script to detect if there are more
> Routes besides myself before I call loose_route?
>
> The best would be to change loose_route to return false and just
> remove the Route header pointing to myself when there are no more
> Route headers in the message... what do you think?
>
> JF

Dipl. Eng. Dragos Vingarzan
Fraunhofer FOKUS/NGNI
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
10589 Berlin,Germany
Phone +49 (0)30 - 3463 - 7385
Mobile +49 (0)163 - 159 - 5221
Web www.fokus.fraunhofer.de www.openimscore.org
We could change the world if God would give us the source code...