[Serusers] loose_route behaviour, detecting single Route with myself

JF jfkavaka at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 19:55:19 CEST 2007

Hi all,

When SER receives an INVITE with a single Route header pointing to
itself, it's supposed to delete it and process the message as if no
Route header was there in the first place. This is what RFC3261
mandates, right?

But currently the loose_route function returns true to the script in
this case, just like when more Route headers are present.

So I have some routing logic for when no Route headers are present,
and if I want to apply the same routing logic to the case when there
is a single Route header pointing to myself (naturally, as it's the
same as if no Route header was present), I currently have to replicate
the same routing logic inside the if (loose_route())...

Or is there an other way? Do I have to develop my own module function
or use some regexp search from the script to detect if there are more
Routes besides myself before I call loose_route?

The best would be to change loose_route to return false and just
remove the Route header pointing to myself when there are no more
Route headers in the message... what do you think?

JF