[Serusers] parse_uri: bad char

Michael Grigoni michael.grigoni at cybertheque.org
Mon Jun 18 21:51:14 CEST 2007

Greger V. Teigre wrote:
 > Michael Grigoni wrote:
 >
 >> (SER 0.8.99-dev19 openbsd/sparc w/local patches)
 >> Greetings:
 >>
 >> We have rarely received INVITES from UAs not registered
 >> on our SER host (from the outside) but as I am setting
 >> up a means for a Internet users from foreign realms
 >> to listen to audio by making a call to a UA on our network
 >> it is now necessary to process foreign INVITES.

> Well, sip:9202 at cybertheque.org@10.0.2.200:5060 is obviously an invalid
> aor. Try to figure out where it comes from.

Indeed, that is the question.

>> I could try 'replace_all("@cybertheque.org","");' but I would like
>> some advice

This is currently working for me...

I had requested some test calls but got no takers; I discovered a callback
service which works well (and costs nothing):

http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/callOut

A description of how to arrange a callback (cut and pasted from another
user's web forum post):

> Here's how to access a web page that will let you request an inbound call (for self-testing):
>
> 1) Go to www.sipbroker.com
 >
> 2) Sign up for a free sip Broker account, using your chosen "IP dial" sip URI as your
> "username" on sip Broker (and anything you want for your sip Broker password, as the
 > sip Broker password does NOT have to match any password you are using in your adapter).
 >
> 3) Once you are signed into sip Broker, use the "EziDial" link on the right. This will
 > take you to a web page that lets you make VoIP calls directly. It will prompt you for
 > your inbound sip URI (which should default to the userid you entered when signing up),
 > and the sip Broker code you want to connect with (*393613 for Free World Dialup's
 > "echo test" would be a good choice).
>
> 4) Press on the "dial" button (after filling in your sip URI, and which place you are
 > trying to call). If all goes well, you will get an inbound call from sip Broker to
 > your sip URI, and then as soon as that connects you will hear the outbound dialing to
 > the sip Broker VoIP code you entered (which in the case *393613 reaches the "echo test"
 > run by FWD).

Regards,

Michael