[Serusers] NAT Problem with PAP2

Nhadie nhadie at tbgi.net.ph
Mon Jun 4 04:42:37 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I'm testing the default of config of ser, and just adding some nathelper
command to make it 2 UA's work, I have an x-lite and a PAP2 both are
behind nat.

X-lite is being detected by ser as behind NAT, but the PAP2 isn't, the
ser thinks the PAP2 is registering with public IP.

When I call from PAP2 to X-lite, i have no problem, because the c= IN on
the SIP/200 OK reply is already public IP, so wehen PAP2 sends an ACK or
BYE it sends it the c=IN of X-lite which is public IP.

But when I call vice versa, that PAP send c=IN as private IP so when
X-lite sends an ACK/BYE, it wil send it to the private IP. which
obviously will not be able to be recieved by PAP2.

How can I fix this? Another thing i don't get is that why PAP2 registers
as not behind NAT, but when it replies to messages, it is sending the
private IP on the c= IN.

Anyone experienced this before?

TIA

Regards,