[Serusers] Preserve DSCP marking

Hendrik Scholz hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de
Fri Jun 1 10:38:18 CEST 2007

Hi!

Ravindranath Gummadidala wrote:
> Does SER have support for preserving the DSCP markings of (incoming) SIP
> messages it processes before sending them out?

No.

> Or is this something one
> would need to change the SER source code for? I searched in the archives
> but could not find anything relevant.

You could enhance the structures in ip_addr.h to store the information
received. The way SER uses UDP sockets would force you to do
setsockopt() quite often, though.
SER already allows you to set a resonable global default (i.e. tos=104)
in ser.cfg which is used for all outbound messages.

Just out of curiosity: What's your application? Do you need different
TOS values on different 'routes'?

Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz