[OpenSER-Users] No NOTIFY after presence unsubscription

Michel de Boer michel at twinklephone.com
Sat Jun 30 14:20:21 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am currently experimenting with the presence module (openser v1.2.1).
It seems to work really fine. I only encountered a small problem.

When my client unsubscribes from the presence event by sending a
SUBSCRIBE request with expires=0, then openser responds with a 200 OK.
After the 200 OK, I expect to receive a NOTIFY message, but openser
never sends this NOTIFY. It is this NOTIFY that should terminate
the subscription dialog through its Subscription-State header
set to "terminated".

RFC 3856 states this:

   The subscriber can terminate the subscription by sending a SUBSCRIBE,
   within the dialog, with an Expires header field (which indicates
   duration of the subscription) value of zero.  This causes an
   immediate termination of the subscription.  A NOTIFY request is then
   generated by the presence agent with the most recent state.

This behavior is based on the general requirements for event handling
as defined in RFC 3265.

Is this a bug or is there some configuration stuff that enables/disables
the NOTIFY for a SUBSCRIBE with epxpires=0.

A SUBSCRIBE with expires=0 can also arrive as the initial and final
SUBSCRIBE for a subscription. In that case it will be fetching
the presence information only once. Without the NOTIFY, a fetch
does not work.

Cheers,
Michel

--