[OpenSER-Users] The Via Header of CANCEL Message

fancy fancy at cht.com.tw
Fri Jun 29 10:22:50 CEST 2007

Hi Klaus:
RFC 3665 page 54 line 4:
   A CANCEL constructed by a
   client MUST have only a single Via header field value matching the
   top Via value in the request being cancelled.

and RFC 3665 at page 53:
   CANCEL is referred to as a "hop-by-hop" request, since it is
   responded to at each stateful proxy hop.

and RFC 3665 at page 21:
   Client: A client is any network element that sends SIP requests
         and receives SIP responses.  Clients may or may not interact
         directly with a human user.  User agent clients and proxies are
         clients.

So, for my opinion, the role of proxy in this case of RFC 3665 section 3.8 is a client when it sends CANCEL message to Bob.

If I misunderstand any RFC meanings, please correct me.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Fangyu Ling