[Users] application via voip?

henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jun 6 07:30:20 CEST 2007

> Hi all -
>
>  Not really sure where to post this question as I am just starting to
> research this issue.
>
>   We'd like an all VOIP solution where we have a telephone number that
> terminates at our server.
>
> At our server, we'd like to:
>
> 1.  get their phone number via caller ID.  look up data with the caller
> id.
>
> 2.  generate a wave file based on the data returned & play it to the
> user over the established voip link.

Hello Matthew,

as OpenSER handly mostly the SIP part of the call, you'll need some other
solution for the audio playback, e.g. Asterix.

> I'm a java developer, so something that works via Java would be great,
> but scripting in various languages is no big deal.  The application
> doesn't need to do much more than query a database & choose a WAV file
> to play back based on that info.

There is the seas module in OpenSER where you can program your application
in java, you can use also the perl module for scripting inside the server.

But for simple playback just look into asterix, you can script it with
perl too.

Cheers,

Henning