[Serusers] Problem with mysql.so on new server

sip sip at infinideas.com
Wed Jan 31 14:27:33 CET 2007

So... I've had ser 0.9.6 running on RH EL3, and FC3 and 4.  I'm building out a
server on RH EL4 for SER, but I've run into a snag. I'm sure it's something
simple, but it has me stumped at the moment.

I've recompiled mysql.so on the new server... compiles fine (as do the rest of
the modules). However, when I try to start up SER with mysql.so loaded, it
gives me this:

ERROR: load_module: could not open module
</usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so>: /usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so:
undefined symbol: log

Undefined symbol: log

Never seen this before. Anyone know what it means or, more importantly, how to
fix it (and no... I'm not going to scrap it all and go with Ottendorf yet, so
that's not a solution ;) )?

N.