[Serusers] ser 0.10.99 - call forwarding issue

Michal Matyska michal at iptel.org
Wed Jan 31 14:03:38 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 13:37 +0100, tzieleniewski wrote:
> Thanks for Your answer some more question below:)
>
> > On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 12:32 +0100, tzieleniewski wrote:
> > > hi!
> > >
> > > I am trying to set up the call forwarding feature and I have some question bout the idea how to realize this.
> > >
> > > My Idea was to do it with the usage of avp's.
> > > First thing I do is the check if there is a call_forward parameter set in the database in user_attrs table.
> > > I do this by invoking load_attrs("$fu", "$f.uid");
> > > and then I do the check if ($tu.call_forward)
> Sorry here my copy/paste error, wrong line I was considering load_attrs("$tu","$f.uid")
> >
> > This will NOT work for sure as you load attributes for the caller
> > (FROM/USER based on the FROM uid attr) and then check the callees
> > preferences (TO/USER call_forward attribute).
> >
> > It is not clear whether you have already $f.uid set (using either
> > lookup_user or authenticate function call).
> >
> > > On the "what's new site" in the avps and selects article I found another method which performs similar task: lookup_user("$tu","@ruri")
> >
> > lookup_user just creates AVP named uid with the value found in database.
> so it simply
>
> Just make sure if I understood right:
> So lookup_user loads from the database (check if exists) a uid value from record corresponding to "@ruri" select value
Yes

> and then this uid avp will be accessible through $tu.uid or $t.uid??
Yes

>  If yes then does it load any other attributes??
No, load_attrs must be called from the script.

> Are the data loaded from the user_attrs table??
first parameter of load_attrs specifies the class and track
$tu - TO/USER
$tr - TO/URI
$fu - FROM/USER
$fr - FROM/URI

it also denotes whether user_attrs (key is uid) or uri_attrs (key is
uri) tables will be used and to which AVP class/track.

second parameter is either uid or the uri

> Is there a documentation for this functions: lookup-user and load_attrs because I have doubts what for the first "$tu" value stands for?

lookup_user might be used with one parameter (string "From", "To",
"request-uri") or two parameters:

first is the TRACK(/CLASS - should always use user)
second is the uri which it lookups

so you can easily use P-Asserted-Identity instead of From header.

Unfortunatelly the documentation is missing or too old (generally, new
features especially).

Michal