[Serusers] ser 0.10.99 - call forwarding issue

tzieleniewski tzieleniewski at o2.pl
Wed Jan 31 12:32:57 CET 2007

hi!

I am trying to set up the call forwarding feature and I have some question bout the idea how to realize this.

My Idea was to do it with the usage of avp's.
First thing I do is the check if there is a call_forward parameter set in the database in user_attrs table.
I do this by invoking load_attrs("$fu", "$f.uid");
and then I do the check if ($tu.call_forward)
On the "what's new site" in the avps and selects article I found another method which performs similar task: lookup_user("$tu","@ruri")

What is the difference between those to methods?? Are they part of the SER core?
previously in ser 0.9.x I have it done by, first loading the avp by avp_db_load()
and then in case of call forwarding by making avp_pushto("$ruri","something") or
rewriteuri() and then t_relay().
What is now a preferred way to realized similar functions. I mean can I utilize those methods like load_attrs or lookup_user() and then substitute the ruri without avp_pushto or rewriteuri??

best
tomasz