[Serusers] password length & ha1 calculation

chiahuey chiahuey at genme.com
Thu Jan 25 05:18:40 CET 2007

Hi there,

If using plain text password and need to calculate ha1 on the fly, is there
any requirement as in there is a minimum length for the password?

I am using ser-0.9.6, and facing a strange issue here, if password length <
8, will have inconsistency in successful registration or invite. Always get
(401 unauthorized or 407 proxy authentication required). if password length
>= 8, will be consistently successful.

As we are planning to port the users from another platform, can't change the
password for all users.

Anyone have any clue in the password length issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chia