[Serusers] non-symmetric rtp with rtpproxy??

Cesc cesc.santa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 18:06:55 CET 2007

Hi,

I know this probably is a useless question, as rtpproxy says it is a
symmetric proxy ... but i have to ask, for peace of mind :)

In my setup, i have on one side a symmetric rtp phone (A) ... connected to a
ser proxy + rtpproxy ... and on the other side, a non-symmetric phone (B).
This is all on a lan, so no firewalls and stuff ... but I MUST use the
rtpproxy and I MUST use this non-symmetric phone (more like a gateway,
actually).

A ------ SER+rtpproxy ------ B (nonsym)

So, the funny thing happens that i end up reciving audio from B to A ... and
then I hear A's own audio after being bounced by B (funny, huh?). The
bouncing is due to rtpproxy changing the rtp port where he sends to B ... he
starts with the one announced on SDP ... then, after the first RTP received
from B, he switches to this new port ... mmmm

I guess this is a lost cause ... but maybe someone has a brilliant idea?? :D
(like a hack in rtpproxy which suddenly turns it into
non-symmetrical-rtp-supported-endpoint proxy? :D )

Regards,

Cesc