[Serusers] strange problem ..... /tmp/mysql.sock and /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Tako Chang u90010 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 04:40:42 CET 2007

Hi, all

I install mysql server and SER in my FC6
when I run SER with mysql to do authenticate
#ser -f auth-mysql.cfg (the SER getting started example)
it prompt me that can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'tmp/mysql.sock'
so I modified the /etc/my.cnf' file to change socket=/tmp/mysql.sock

but when i start SER and use serctl to add a user
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socke
'var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
was prompted

I don't know if I could open two sock at the same time or how can I let SER
or serctr
chage the path to fit another.

Did someone can show me some clue or solution?
thanks!!