[Users] About Openser version 1.2 (doubts, questions, contribution)

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jan 24 14:15:54 CET 2007

Hello Danilo,

Danilo Vilela Dantas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are working on a VoIP project and we will use OpenSER as a SIP
> proxy. This project needs presence and instant message
> funcionality. We checked out and compiled  the CVS HEAD version of
> OpenSER, but we have a few questions:
>
> 1. The modules that implements this two funcionalities (Presence
> and  IM) are ok to use?

the presence modules (presence, pua*) are in alpha stage, so more
testing is required as they are new in OpenSER
For IM, if you do end2end IM you do not need any specific module. IM
adds on are:
    msilo (stable) - stores messages for offline users for later delivery
    imc (alpha, new one) - IM conference

see the project tracker http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=139143

> 3. Is there any date for version 1.2 to be released ?

by the end of this month, it's plan to start the testing phase and I
hope it will not take more than a month to the release -> so, ~ end of
February

> 4.  Can we contribute to OpenSER Project ?

sure :) we welcome contributions - see the "Contributions" tab on the
OpenSER main web page (www.openser.org)

regards,
bogdan