[Users] No memory left errors and Private Memory Size

Max Gregorian gregorian442 at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 4 18:52:00 CET 2007

Thanks for you reply.

On further examination of the very basic logging information I could find on
that server, I am inclined to agree with your theory that it may be a
particular UA causing these errors.

The logs seem to show that this particular error is only generated shortly
after this particular UA attempts registration, as before and after that,
there were no such errors for other users. Further more, This error is only
generated for Registration atempts and does not seem to occur during call
setup, INVITES, etc. - which makes sense from the error descriptoin which
seems to be implying that Openser is having trouble creating/building the
contact header for the REGISTER. The errors are almost certainly to do with
this UA as I have just counted over 20 instances all occurring only after
this UA.

I will certainly look more into this to confirm this.

The trouble is this often happens fairly late at night when every one is
asleep, making it hard to get a live trace as I don't know when exactly this
guy is going to connect, but I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately, we took
off most of the syslog logging from the server as syslog performance was
becoming an issue with performance (read one of my previous posts :)), so I
can't get a full packet dump from the openser  server itself.

Looking further into this I managed to pull up some Ethereal traces from a
different machine we use for tracing and loggin on the same network, and the
device seems to be a Sipura SPA 2002-3.1.2(a).

Since I can't find a Register message, I can only show you an INVITE but I
guess it will still have the same contact header as we are not overwriting
the contact information anywhere I know of:

Session Initiation Protocol
    Request-Line: INVITE sip:5068831424@<SIP AS>:5060 SIP/2.0
        Method: INVITE
        Resent Packet: False
    Message Header
        Record-Route: <sip:<OPENSER IP>;ftag=935c557f841a75c7o0;lr=on>
        Via: SIP/2.0/UDP <OPENSER IP>;branch=z9hG4bK2f26.41279b67.0
        Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.100:16384;rport=16384;received=
165.98.158.187;branch=z9hG4bK-b8411887