[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] iptel.org ANNOUNCEMENT: New SER bug marshal

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Fri Feb 23 10:15:39 CET 2007

Hi Atle,
I answer this as it affects everybody and not only bug/feature tracking.

 1. We have a page http://iptel.org/todos that covers all tasks on a
high-level.

 2. We have http://iptel.org/ser/wishlist for adding ideas,
improvements, and wishes that should be evaluated for next versions.

 3. Then we have the http://iptel.org/ser/roadmap for the "official"
roadmap, i.e. the things that have been moved from the wishlist because
it has a developer as a sponsor or has been decided to be important
enough to be put there anyway.

 4. Finally, we have the bug tracker. You will find links from the
wishlist and roadmap pages to summary tracker pages. Only larger stuff
on an aggregate level will be put on the wishlist and roadmap, while
bugs and minor stuff will be put in the tracker.  As the features on the
roadmap matures (maybe specified in more detail on a
discussion/specification http://iptel.org/ser/specifications), they will
be detailed into tickets in the tracker.

Thus, the closer you get to a release, the more complete the tracker
will be in terms of what is being done. Very early (like for the release
beyond 2.0/Ottendorf) the wishlist and roadmap will be the place to look
(+ bugs in the tracker), then later the roadmap will the most updated
source for what is going into the next release, and more and more will
be specified on the tracker as developers pick up features/tasks on the
roadmap.

Does this make sense?  And do you still feel the need for a
whatshappening page?  (I'm concerned about redundancy in information and
the probability that such pages never will be up to date...)
g-)